In an age of streaming TV, internet ad blockers, and being able to Sky+ your favourite shows, consumers are seeing fewer advertisements. For the consumer, that might sound like a good thing, but for marketers, it can significantly limit any opportunities. Which its why many companies have turned to influencer marketing.
Influencers are the future of marketing. Their use and promotion of certain products and services imbue the potential customer with a sense of trust, creating a personal connection between themselves and the audience that often a company cannot do.
The key elements of an influencer marketing strategy
It’s essential to successful influencer marketing to have a strategy for executing the plan. A strategy that includes knowing the business, the message, and the right platform and timeline to use will always be more profitable than an influencer who is asked to ‘just talk about us’.
A successful influencer campaign isn’t something you just put together and hope that it has the desired effect. You sure don’t want to rush into influencer marketing without any forethought or planning.
Some keys to influencer marketing success include:
- Determine your audience first. Sharpen and refine your understanding of your ideal audience. Then you can craft the right message and choose the right messenger.
- Select the right influencer. You don’t need a celebrity. Most celebrities get very low ROI as influencers. Instead, choose someone popular in your niche.
- Compensate your influencer fairly. Consider a hefty one-time fee or a monthly retainer.
- Provide valuable content, not just overt ads. Try to present three to five pieces of useful content for every request you make in order not to overwhelm your prospective buyers.
- Monitor and evaluate your influencer marketing activities. Keep a close eye on Instagram influencer marketing. Stay on top of your numbers, and if something doesn’t seem to be working, address it quickly.
If you need a micro-influencer marketing agency, then contact our team!